Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
All-in-one-C410
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Printer set up is USB to a PC  and Wifi (via broadband hub) to laptop.

Been working OK .,... so this configuration know to be OK for C410

The Laptop has been changed from W10 based to a MacBookPro

Went to HP site - downloaded the latest MAC driver it advised ,(950MB)

Installed and it advises at end that install OK

On HP web site it shows video of how to set up for Wireless Connection:

https://www.supportvideos.ext.hp.com/detail/video/1251249230001/setting-up-an-hp-printer-wirelessly-...

At just after 1min it says to go to AirBar and select HP icon ...... there is no HP Icon in AirBar ? .......

Can someone help with how I set this up wirelessly via hub ..... MacBook has an ethernet wired connection to the hub.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey,

For Mac your printer is provided with the HP Utility program to maintain the printer.

To access it you may go to System Preferences> Printers and Scanners and double-click your printer.

Click Options and then from the Utility tab click Open Utility. The HP Utility launches.

For easier access in the future, right-click the HP Utility icon , select options and then Keep in Dock.

For scanning you may open the scanner from Printer Nd Scanners or use the HP Easy Scan app from the Store:

https://support.hp.com/sk-en/document/c04788799

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Which exact drivers have you downloaded? what is the exact filename?

The drivers on hp.com are 572MB, so be sure to clarify which exact drivers you refer to.

Additionally, is the printer already connected to your wireless network? is the blue wireless light solid lit or blinks?

As well, what is your exact router brand and model? Apple devices rely on Bonjour, a network protocol which must be supported by the router, therefore understanding your router model may help to understand any possible cause.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

The file provide from HP web site downloads as   'HPPrinterDriver5.1.dmg'

Printer is connected to network - and it printed via my Broadband hub with Laptop OK ... the wireless light is on solid Blue.

The Hub/Router is a BT Business Hub 5

https://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/categories/detail/c/5087

HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying.

Try changing your 2.4GHz band SSID to be unique, many users report a such to resolve such issues with BT Hub 5:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/BT-Home-Hub-5-keeps-losing-connection-to-AirPri...

For any assistant with such, please contact your router service provider.

Generally, searching for BT Business Hub 5 AirPrint or BT Business Hub 5 bonjour will provide different threads on such issues with BT Hub 5, I suggest reviewing these threads.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

I'm not getting anywhere near that point yet.

I do not gett the HP icon in the AirBar so I am at the beginning of trying to make a connection ... i.e. at the 1min point in the video.  Having installed software how do I set it up if no HP icon ?

HP Recommended

Hi,

You should not see an HP Setup icon, this is not for your printer but for different printer models.

As said, the printer is already connected to the network as you can communicate with it from other devices.

From the Setup menu select Network, then select View Network Settings.

Select Display Summary for the active connection type and locate the IP address of the printer.

From your Mac, open any browser such as Safari or Chrome and type this IP address. can you access the printer homepage?

HP Recommended

Yes I see full printer home page. .....  it works.   🙂

It was just it installed all software but no desktop icons, nothing in Top bar .... no 'HP Solution center' .... nothing to tell you it was installed.  

How do I get to scan option ? ....   I use C410 often for scanning.

For W10 I had to instal the 'HP Scan and Capture' utility, do I need something like this for the MacBook

HP Recommended

Hey,

For Mac your printer is provided with the HP Utility program to maintain the printer.

To access it you may go to System Preferences> Printers and Scanners and double-click your printer.

Click Options and then from the Utility tab click Open Utility. The HP Utility launches.

For easier access in the future, right-click the HP Utility icon , select options and then Keep in Dock.

For scanning you may open the scanner from Printer Nd Scanners or use the HP Easy Scan app from the Store:

https://support.hp.com/sk-en/document/c04788799

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

All done ... and working.

Though it does say the Scc app does not work with CatolinaOS. (current) luckliy I have not upgarded to that yet.

Thankyou

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.