Highlighted
wrnoof Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Must all Instant Ink Cartridges be empty before returning?

OfficeJet Pro 6978 All‑in‑One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have received my new Instant Ink cartridges and the old black cartridge is empty. The other three cartridges are low but not empty. Can I replace and return all of them now or do I have to replace them one at a time until all are empty before returning them?

Best,

Bob

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
20088 1666 6435
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Must all Instant Ink Cartridges be empty before returning?

@wrnoof

Guidelines and How-to:

Recycling HP Instant Ink Cartridges

If the printer has indicated that the ink level is low, you might have also seen a messaged indicating that you do not yet need to change out the ink.  Low does not equal "gone".

Commentary

You must be the judge of your situation.  "Best practice" might indicate (that) you should use a cartridge until the printer indicates that it is time to change it.  If the cartridge is emtpy (or nearly so), the recycling process requires breaking down less actual ink into a material that can be safely disposed.

If you have a place to store the empty cartridges, note the request that you save them in your recycle bag until you have a few cartridges to send back to HP.  This, too, reduces the amount of time, effort, and money required to manage and recycle the product.  You do not have to comply of course.  If you cannot safely store the bag until you have more empty ink cartridges, then you should send it back.

Resource

Website Support Troubleshooting, How-to, Video Tutorials

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation