01-10-2020 03:01 PM
My Deskjet 3510 saying it is out of paper after it picks two pages and feeds them through as blanks.
I have tried cleaning it, restarting it and have even changed the colour cartridge and tried a new ream of paper. Still the same issue.
01-13-2020 10:23 AM
@GeorgeJ1, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Try the steps below-
Reset the printer
- Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed
Update the printer firmware
Download available firmware updates from the HP website
With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.
If the issue persists, follow the steps from the document An 'Out of Paper' Error Message Displays on the Control Panel and the Printer Does Not Pick Up Paper. If the printer continues to do the same, reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.
Hope this helps!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee