Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
margretdzn
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Envy 4500 no longer prints or copies or anything in color!!

My Envy 4500 no longer prints in color, it doesn't copy in color or anything in color!!!

The inks are about 1/2 to 1/2 full, I have done nothing on my part to cause this.  The only event in my life is I moved a month ago, and it was printing color before i moved---I unplugged it when I moved and since then it hasn't printed color----I don't know if it was because of an update!!! I have tried the fixes I found under support which have told me to uninstall the printer and reinstall, nothing has helped!!!

I'm left with a black and white printer!!!! 

I posted before in support and no one answered, could someone please answer my support issue?

2 REPLIES 2
margretdzn
6 3 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For the fourth time, I completed what has been suggested so far by all the answers to the same question, and now I'm left with a printer that the driver won't install on.  Did all the deleting of the old drivers/software as suggested, I downloaded the installation driver from HP for my Envy 4500, and it finally installed. Still no color printing or copying.  I've always preferred HP Printers, but this is changing my mind,. What's going on?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,485 6,478 425 526
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@margretdzn, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. If the printer is not able to make copies in color, this could be a possible hardware issue with the color ink cartridge.

Have you tried with an alternate color ink cartridge and check if the issue persists?

Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

You may skip the steps that you have performed already.

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Clean the ink cartridges

1. On the printer control panel, press the Down Arrow  to select Tools, and then press OK.

2. Press the Down Arrow  to select Clean Printhead, and then press OK. The printer cleans the printhead, and then prints a printhead test page.

Also, perform step 12 mentioned in this document.

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic report

1. On the printer control panel, press the Down Arrow  to scroll to Tools, and then press OK.

2. Press the Down Arrow  to scroll to Print Quality Report, and then press OK. The printer prints the test page.

3. Check the print quality.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation