Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 500
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have a new Envy 5000 printer. It prints fine but I can't print more than 2 or 3 pages at a time without it stopping with an error message. It sometimes stops halfway through printing a page. it takes about an hour to print a large document as I have to print one page at a time. I use my laptop right next to the printer. Please help as this is wasting so much time and I will have to return the printer I think.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

What is the error msg?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

A message flashes up on my laptop saying Error printing (name of document) and it just cancels the job.

thanks for replying 

HP Recommended

How is it connected?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended
Spoiler
It’s wireless.

ive tried plugging in a USB lead but that hasn’t helped. But I think the problem there is that it’s still printing wirelessly as I don’t know how to override that 
HP Recommended

Run the HP print & scan doctor found here.

You can use the Wireless icon to turn off the wireless mode.

HP Recommended

Thanks again. I am now able to print using a USB lead but the original problem still there. 

HP Recommended

Did the WiFi ever work correctly?

How far from the router is the 5000?

Router make/model?

HP Recommended

This has to be one of the worst printers.  I have had many problems but the one stated here has been with us since we purchased the printer in May 19.  So how do we fix it?

HP Recommended

Completely agree how awful the printer is. I never did fix the problem and  I now only print with a USB lead and sometimes it prints the whole file but most of the time it stops short 2/3 pages from the end. It won’t print from my phone at all. Deeply regret buying it!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.