01-11-2020 10:25 PM
My printer was bought a year ago. When I tried to use it. It will only print things in outline. I want to print something in Bold black Ariel but to just comes out in outline. I tried the fixing tool and now, nothing works. It won’t print a cleaning copy. Sometimes it says it’s not connected to the internet or to a device. I just keep getting sent around and around to the same thing.
I tuned it off. I tried resetting it from the manufacturer settings. I tried the-adding it to my laptop and my phone but nothing works.
01-14-2020 12:42 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
- Which device are you trying to print from?
- Which operating system is installed?
- Are any of the lights on the printer blinking?
Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Clean the ink cartridges
Refer to step 10 in this document.
Print a Print Quality Diagnostic page
Refer to step 8 from this document.
If you do not have the full-featured driver on the PC, click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.
Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
Try making a black or color copy on the printer and check if the issue persists.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee