LarryBub
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP 7858 photo printing setting defaults

Envy 7858
macOS 10.15 Catalina

When I try to print photos from the Apple Photos app the default setting comes up as US Letter paper and Black & white Draft quality, and "Fit" to paper.  Until about 2 months ago it worked fine with 5 x 7 paper and color on glossy paper.  I can reset the to 5x 7 beardless, Color, and 5 x 7 size fit and it prints fine.  Go to print a second photo, the 5 x 7 stays but goes back to Black & White.

Spent about an hour with Apple yesterday and they say I should have an HP option to set photo printing options.  The only one I have is a default which is US Letter & B&W which is fine for other print jobs, but not photos.

Since my Warranty expired last year HP is no help and virtual agent does not address this problem.

Any suggestions?  I just bought 2 sets of new ink cartridges so I don't want to have to throw them away.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,144 6,131 449 491
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP 7858 photo printing setting defaults

@LarryBub, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand you have issues with saving the defaults for photo printing. Follow the steps below to create a preset for the same-

Create a custom preset for printing photos to save the settings you use the most.

1. Open the print dialog for the photo you are printing.

2. Change any print settings.

3. Click the Presets menu, and then select Save Current Settings as Preset.

4. Type a name for the preset, select Only this printer or All printers, and then click OK.

Refer to the document HP Printers - How to Print Photos (Mac) to learn more about photo printing from Mac.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation