12-11-2019 08:55 AM
My HP Photosmart printer doesn't print the letters "I" or lower case 'l'
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-13-2019 01:34 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
- Which application are you trying to print from?
- Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word or Webpages and check if the issue persists?
- Try making a standalone copy of a document that contains the letter 'i' and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.
If the printer is able to make a copy fine with the letter 'i', this could be an issue with the printer driver.
Root uninstall and reinstallation of printer drivers:
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP OfficeJet printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.
Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee