Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP2130 Deskjet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Print doctor tests and finds everything ok but the print action suggested does not print at all. The printer remains idle. 

Cartridge alignment and printer maintenance work but printing documents fails!

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Is it set as the default printer?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

The printer is marked as the default printer. I click on "See what's printing" and window opens to show a tick on Default printer, then I click on properties and then on print test page but nothing happens. And yet it can align and clean cartridges.  How can I make is print??

HP Recommended

Have you tried reinstalling the software?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I re-installed at least 3 times. I do recall, however, that i did get a message like "Function address 0x00........... caused a protection fault (exception code 0xc0000005). Whether this is relevant i do not know.

HP Recommended

You will have to fix the protection fault error.

What is the exact error?

HP Recommended

Function address 0x00007FFFF79F75EFC caused protection fault (exception code 0xc0000005). That's all I wrote at the time. As for correcting the fault I need to know how!

HP Recommended

The exception code I gave needs another "0", i.e. it was 0xc0000005 not as given previously. Sorry about this.

HP Recommended

The error Code 0xc0000005 could be caused by several reasons in a Windows PC like damaged or low RAM, malware infection, corrupt registry files, wrong hardware configuration, etc.

Start by checking the computer memory, use the Windows program found in Administrative Tools.

HP Recommended

In the events log I copied the following:

Log Name: Application
Source: DptfPolicyLpmServiceHelper
Date: 20/02/2020 06:06:03
Event ID: 1
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: DESKTOP-B4E4J80
Description:
The description for Event ID 1 from source DptfPolicyLpmServiceHelper cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

DptfPolicyLpmServiceHelper
CreateSharedMemory: CreateFileMapping() failed.
Last error = [0x00000005]

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="DptfPolicyLpmServiceHelper" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49154">1</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-02-20T06:06:03.381206500Z" />
<EventRecordID>54952</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-B4E4J80</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>DptfPolicyLpmServiceHelper</Data>
<Data>CreateSharedMemory: CreateFileMapping() failed.</Data>
<Data>Last error = [0x00000005]</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

So what next please?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.