10-28-2019 05:58 PM - edited 10-29-2019 11:00 AM
Hi, I've had a few issues with my HP ENVY 5532 All-in-One printer over the past month and after a few very long consulting sessions an HP engineer disabled it and reloaded as HP ENVY 5530 Series Class Driver. It's been working fine for a week up to and including today, but suddenly I no longer have my automatic duplex printing function; it will only offer manual duplex printing and no other options or message that there is an issue. I don't understand what's happened.
How do i reset back to automatic duplex printing, please?
I should add that there's no problem with automatic duplex printing from my android phone.
10-31-2019 03:19 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the duplexing issue.
Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues.
If the issue still persists, try re-installing the printer driver -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Download and install the software and drivers from here for Windows 10 (64-bit).
15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee