05-05-2020 01:56 PM
I have been trying to fix this problem for 4 hours. All of a sudden, my HP Envy 4500 printer/scanner decided it will only "print" blank pages. They aren't streaked or missing colors - they are COMPLETELY BLANK. What is odd, is that the actual printer makes the appropriate "sounds" as if it is printing something, but the resulting page is blank.
Things I have tried:
1. Rebooting computer completely
2. Electrical power cycling of the printer
3. Re-seating of the cartridges in the printer
4. Cleaning and aligning the print heads
5. Checking ink levels (perfectly full)
6. Making this printer my default printer
7. Completely uninstalling and reinstalling both the printer itself, and all its drivers and software.
NONE of this has worked. It is making me insane!! Someone help!
05-12-2020 03:26 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
I understand the printer is printing blank pages, let us try these steps:
Try making a standalone copy in black and color to check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.
Check the estimated ink levels, replace any low or empty ink cartridges.
Clean the ink cartridges
- On the printer control panel, press the Down Arrow to select Tools, and then press OK.
Press the Down Arrow to select Clean Printhead, and then press OK. The printer cleans the printhead, and then prints a printhead test page.
Print a Print Quality Diagnostic report
- On the printer control panel, press the Down Arrow to scroll to Tools, and then press OK.
Press the Down Arrow to scroll to Print Quality Report, and then press OK. The printer prints the test page.
If the issue persists, perform step 12 from this document.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee