Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SingingTrees
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP Envy 4512 is only printing in greyscale! I bought a brand new HP color ink and the diagnostic

Envy 4512

I recently bought new color ink for my hp envy 4512. Before I bought the ink it was printing everything as color (a magenta hue) but now it only prints greyscale except in diagnostics. It prints in color. I have tried reinstalling the program on my computer to no avail. I have wasted a lot of ink testing the printer! I’m very upset about the waste of money. Please help me! I need the ink for my business, I’m at a standstill! 

1 REPLY 1
Level 11
Level 11
3,596 3,567 223 574
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP Envy 4512 is only printing in greyscale! I bought a brand new HP color ink and the diagnostic

Since the printer can print in color from the control panel you know the issue is not hardware related.  Instead you need to focus on the driver and software side of the equation to make sure the proper commands are sent to the printer.

Start with an uninstall and reinstall of the drivers and software from HPs support website.  Always use the latest when troubleshooting.  This should eliminate driver corruption and accidental settings changes at the driver level.

Next, test printing from a few different apps.  If color works in some apps but not others then you know its an application issue.  Reset the apps back to the defaults and test printing brand new documents until the problem is resolved.

You can also experiment by temporarily installing the printer on a 2nd PC and compare the results.

One the PC send the correct color command to the printer then the printer will respond appropriately.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation