Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5540
macOS 10.12 Sierra

My HP Envy 5540 will not enter sleep mode and will no longer scan. These issues occurred immediately after replacing my ink cartridges. An unknown scan error message appeared on the screen. It will also not complete the align function. Any help greatly appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@psc4

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that you are getting scanner error message while trying to scan. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• How is the printer connected to the computer, wired or wireless?

Meanwhile:

Reset the print system.

• Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, then click Reset printing system....
  •  Resetting the print system
  • Click Reset in the confirmation window.
  • Enter the Administrator name and password, then click OK.
  • Wait for the printing system to reset. When complete, no printers should display in the list.
  • Try installing the HP driver and software again, then add the printer to the Mac.
  • Try to scan.

Let me know the outcome.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I have followed your instructions but it has not solved the problem. The machine will not enter sleep mode, will not scan and will not complete the align process. The printer is connected via wireless. Thanks for your help so far sandytechy20

HP Recommended

@psc4

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your effort on doing all these steps.

I understand the issue well now.

• Restart devices and check driver scan settings.
  • Check the network and printer connection status.
  • Check third-party firewall software settings.
  • Remove and re-add the printer.

Click here to refer the document and perform troubleshooting steps mentioned above to fix this issue.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi sandytechy20,

I have followed your instructions and the problems still persist. As far as i can tell, my router only broadcasts in 2.4GHz. I can find no information regarding it's support of Bonjour.

HP Recommended

@psc4

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

It seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to contact HP phone support for further assistance on this.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.