Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

So pleased to hear that you're all sorted.  Well done Chris!

HP Recommended

I have sent you the drivers by email.  All the best.

Clive

HP Recommended

If anyone needs the original CD still, I have found one in my store cupboard, created a RAR archive of it, and uploaded to a shared folder on MEGA.

As with everything you download off the Internet, please ensure you do a virus scan of the contents before installing, don't just take my word for it.

HP Recommended

Very many thanks for this. After hours of fruitless efforts, using the Revo uninstaller to remove every trace of previous installations of 5540 drivers and then your CD fixed my problems. 

Cheers

Bob

HP Recommended

Deleted Envoy drivers and reinstalled from disc.  Unchecked auto updates.  Working now.

HP Recommended

Same issue, same conclusion. HP messed up on a recent upgrade. Also I reinstalled drivers off the HP site but they will of course be latest version as well.

Additionally it won't do duplex printing now either (paper hs to be refed) even when this is selected.

Anyone form HP out there to tell us when this will be fixed?

HP Recommended

Fortunately I still had the disc that came with the printer. I loaded drivers from this disc and was back in business. 

HP Recommended

Good to hear that you've successfully sorted it!

I have an issue where I get a "paper jammed" error message.  Yet when I try a test print it prints fine and thereafter until the next time"

HP Recommended

Please run HP Print & Scan Doctor. It will download and install latest drivers as per your windows & printer. Your issue will be fixed. Just fixed same issue few min back. Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi Clive my HP 5541 series printer is not printing colour and the grey scale is missing, so I can’t change the settings. I bought a new laptop and it has no disc drive. Can you help

duty

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.