Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My HP Envy 7640  prints slow slow I am about ready to trash it. I followed the instructions below but found them to be complicated and not Iam not willing to try them because I dont want to screw my whole system up. There's got to be a better way. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I called HP support and they took care of it for me. Thanks for getting back to me. The HP support guy was great.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Davidcar,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are having issues with slow printing on your HP Envy 7640 while connected wirelessly. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the Operating system installed on the PC? Windows or Mac

Have you tried to check by making a copy from the printer?

Have you tried to update the firmware for the printer?

In the meantime, while you respond, let's try these steps here:

Please make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Let’s first try and make a “photocopy” to determine whether the issue is with the printer or not. Place a document on the scanner glass and choose “Copy” option. If the printer is making a good copy, then the printer hardware is fine.

Next thing, If your printer connected wirelessly, make sure to temporary connect the device with USB and then follow the link to check for the latest firmware update if available for your printer, using this website.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I called HP support and they took care of it for me. Thanks for getting back to me. The HP support guy was great.

HP Recommended

Hi @Davidcar,

Thanks for replying,

As I understand you contacted our HP phone support and they were able to help you with the issue. I'm really glad to hear that.

If you need any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution
You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.
And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.