Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi … I cannot get my HP Officejet Pro 6830 to print wirelessly.  I can scan to my computer, but I cannot print from my computer.  The printer test pages works and the photo copy feature on the printer works -- so I know that the printer prints. 

I have tried all the normal steps including uninstalling  and reinstalling the printer drivers and still no luck.

I expect  there is a problem with a windows update.  The problem started about August or so.  I have not been able to figure it out.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@BigDaddyZ,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to print wirelessly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you root uninstall the printer and then reinstall it and check if it helps.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Restart the PC

14.) Download and install the printer software from the below link.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the below steps.

Please download and run the HP Print And Scan Doctor from this Link: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

Run PSDR v5.0.2 

Once the PSDR detects the Printer, it will show up the IP address and Software Status. 

Select the correct Printer and click on Next. 

PSDR will check if the Printer is on the Network and communication between the PC and the Printer. Once the connection check is done, click on Fix Printing 

Once PSDR goes through all checks and automatic fixes, click on Print a test page. 

Regardless if PSDR printed the test page or not, click on “NO PRINT” 

PSDR will then notify you that there is an update available, click on continue, and PSDR will apply the patch and ask for a reboot. 

Post restart the PSDR will run automatically to check for more issue.  If no issue found close PSDR. 

Also, try using the HP Smart App and let me know if that helps. Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hp-smart/9wzdncrfhwlh

You can refer to this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03561640 for more information on HP Smart App

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I followed all the instructions to the T.  When I click on No Print, it comes back with "Test Page did not print.  At this point, we recommend printing an internal test page …"   When I click this option it does print.

So net is, I'm still broken.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

HP Recommended

@BigDaddyZ

Try performing sfc scan -

1) Select Start, and in the search box, enter Command Prompt. Press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the search results and select Run as administrator.
2) Enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the spaces before each "/").
3) Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").

Also, check for updates -

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Wow, still no go, no success.  I followed everything outlined and still when I print I get a popup that says "Error printing to HP Officejet Pro 6830 (Network)".   The printer couldn't print <file name trying to print>" 

Any other ideas?  It is frustrating to spend this many hours and not be able to print.

Note, I can use my HP Office Jet app on my computer and see estimated ink levels and I am able to scan from the computer. 

The ink levels are not very high, but it is still able to print copies.  Is it possible that the computer to printer is giving fits because of the lower ink levels … just not giving a clear message as to why it won't print?

HP Recommended

@BigDaddyZ

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. From the printer control panel, touch Setup .

2. Touch Printer Maintenance .

3. Touch Restore.

4. Touch Restore Factory Defaults. A message appears stating that the factory defaults will be restored.

5. A message appears stating that the network defaults have been restored. Touch Restore.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still not there 😞 … same error when trying to print

At this point in time (after way too many hours on this) maybe I need to buy another printer

HP Recommended

@BigDaddyZ

This might require remote access of the computer to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I surrender, I gave up and when out and bought a new printer and it worked just fine.  The printer in this series is going to the dump (OK recycle area at the dump)

Thanks for trying, I just got tired of trying for hours to fix this issue

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.