08-25-2019 08:02 AM
My printer stopped working. Have a blue screen with code C8190014 listed. Absolutely no way to work past this screen. Any suggestions?
08-27-2019 12:57 PM
@Pacer2, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I'm afraid this seems like a hardware issue with the printer. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your computer.
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Check for any jams inside the printer
Perform the steps mentioned in this document.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee