Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lee114
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP Office jet pro 8710 is stuck on black and white . Whatever i do it prints grey scale. Help !!

HP Office jet pro 8710 i
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hi so a couple of my colour cartridges ran low  and  i have not used the printer much over the last month  ( on holiday) so today when back i tried to print and it came out black and white i figured some auto setting must have done this a colour low. I replaced the cartridges all are now new ish and then I continued to try and print but still black and white. Checked settings and ensured gray scale is off and colour is chosen but still black and white so did clean of jets and lots of messing about with various settings followed lots of various fixes from the web, nothing changed. Then i just tried to do a colour copy only, without the pc just a basic scan and direct print copy. STILL BLACK AND WHITE . So now i am looking at the printer itself ( nothing to do with the pc ) and i cant find anything to switch on / off to switch colour back on .

Anybody got any ideas??

Thanks !!

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,485 6,478 426 526
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP Office jet pro 8710 is stuck on black and white . Whatever i do it prints grey scale. Help !!

Hi @lee114

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. This seems like a hardware issue with the printer, Let us try these steps:

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Check the estimated ink levels

On the printer control panel, swipe down from the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Ink Level Indicator icon . Replace any low or empty ink cartridges.

Clean the printhead

1. On the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon .

2. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Printer Maintenance.

3. Touch Clean Printhead, and then touch Continue.

If the print quality is unacceptable, touch Clean Again to continue the next level of cleaning. Repeat these steps for the third cleaning stage, if necessary.

NOTE: 

If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes before you perform all three levels of cleaning again.

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic Page

On the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, touch the Setup icon , swipe up on the display, touch Reports, and then touch Print Quality Report. Examine the color blocks.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation