02-03-2020 06:26 PM
I tried to use a single sheet of thicker paper. It would not feed in, but now the printer believes it has a paper jam. That never happened. Took out that one sheet of photo paper and went back to just regular printer paper. Stuck on the idea of a paper jam.
02-06-2020 07:16 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. This seems like a false paper jam error message on the printer. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Also, perform step 1 to step 3 from this document.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee