10-11-2017 07:09 PM
10-13-2017 10:07 AM
Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.
I understand that you get an error message on your HP Officejet 4630 e-All-in-One Printer that the cartridge needs to be replaced even though it is a new cartridge.
This issue could occur if the electrical contacts on the cartridge or the printer are defective.
Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.
And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Cartridge Errors
Let me know how this works.
You have a good day ahead.
10-15-2019 09:14 PM
None of the solutions on that sheet worked. Tried a hard reset...still showing the same thing. Tried cleaning and checking the leads, no good. Every option on the list failed. meanwhile I am having to go to a print shop and get printing done while I have a full ink cartridge here. What needs to be done? Do I need to send the new and old cartridges back in the recycle pack?
10-16-2019 08:25 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!