Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I had the same problem.    I had a paper jam when printing double sided.   I thought I cleared the jam, but my printer started to take over two minutes to print an off center copy.   I searched high and low on the HP support sites but nothing worked until I found this forum and this entry.   Thank goodness!   Sure enough, one page was jammed up inside to the far right of the ink cartridge assembly.  Once I pulled it out my copies started printing quickly and centered.  Thank you!

HP Recommended

Same exact thing for us.  I was out of the office for 1 day and come back to a printer printing as slow as molasses!  Magic piece of paper and margins and slow printing solved!

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!  It was exactly the paper crumbled up as you said.  you saved me alot of time and aggravation

HP Recommended

Thank you! I had the same problem and felt I had checked every corner of the printer for paper...after looking to the right side of the print carteriges (after they moved left) sure enough there was paper! I aligned the carteridges and it worked great after that. 

Thanks!!

HP Recommended

Kudos to MarkiSparki!  I was having this precise problem, too, and found a wad of paper inside, and on the right side, of my printer; this was preventing the cartridge from going all the way to the left-hand-most margin.  I really appreciate your having taken the time to let us know how to fix this!

HP Recommended

I tried turning the printer off and unplugging it and it still printed off center. Next I repeated the steps above, but this time I unplugged the USB cord from my computer. I counted to 10, plugged it back into my computer, plugged in the printer to the outlet, and turned it back on and now it works perfectly. Hopes this helps!

HP Recommended

I had the same problem. I tried turning off my printer and unplugging it with no luck. The I turned off my printer, unplugged it and unplugged the USB cable from my printer to my computer. I counted to 10, plugged the USB cable back in, plugged in the printer and turned it on. It worked! Hope this helps 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for posting this.  Paper to the right of the printhead was my problem too!  I was going nuts.  Thanks so much. My printer had also started printing really slow. Who would have thought a piece of paper would cause all this trouble.

HP Recommended

This is exactly what happened to me.  I was starting to think I had a problem with wifi printing because it took so long. I too had a wad of paper to the right of the print head. A two sided print jam caused the problem.

HP Recommended

I had the exact same issure and would never have even thought of something so simple as this as bing the cause of my problems 

THANK YOU 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.