11-17-2019 11:59 AM
My HP Smart Photo 7855 printer has suddenly said the black cartridge isn't installed right even though that cartridge hasn't been changed in about 2 months. It was printing fine before. I've tried to reinstall it a few times and even restarted the printer to see if that would help. Now I can't print, totally frustrating and of course my one year warranty was up in July. I am enrolled in HP Instant ink program but don't think that helps.
11-19-2019 03:56 PM
@ARTOFJUSTUS, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Also, perform step 3 mentioned in this document.
As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.
Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.
I am sending you a private message with the information required.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee