Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My HP office jet 5610 all in one, using Windows Vista, keeps saying "paper jam" when I try to print from MS Word. It makes copies & prints a test page fine. I unplugged it several times, opened & closed rear door, nothing works.

My email is {Personal Information Removed}.    PLEASE HELP me.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello nickesf.

Where do you see the "paper jam" message? In the printer's display or in the computer?

Check this document to resolve paper jam errors.

Cheers!!

Wixma.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up icon in the post.
If my reply resolved your issue, please mark it as Accepted Solution so that it can be found easier and help other people.
HP Recommended

I see the paper jam message both on the LCD display on the printer and on the control panel in Windows. And of course, nothing prints. Again, I can make a perfect copy on the printer, no error message.

HP Recommended

My HP office jet 5610 says "paper jam"but there is no paper jam and I cannot reset the message. No printing is possible.

HP Recommended

oth on the computer and the printer window.

HP Recommended

I have the same complaint, I need the printer URGENTLY

HP Recommended

Hi verstermeij,

What is the operating system for your computer?

Is the printer connected by usb, Ethernet or wireless?

Try shutting down your computer (not a reboot) and doing a Hard Reset as described in the following link.  Click Here  After powering the computer back up, are there any changes?

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

The left arrow car, there is a plastic wheel really is a band of characters that reads an optical reader, the sensor soldered to the circuit board below is found, it is likely that this dirty sensor, this dirty band or skidding the gear that holds any of the 3 options can cause paper jam detected.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.