Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP officejet 4630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP scanner/printer was one of those decently priced specials from staples.  It worked fabolously.  But at some point it has the problem of pringing papers wrong.

Let me describe this for you.

The normal legal size paper goes through the feeder, and the first 4 inches of the printing is cutt off the edge of the paper, as if it printed on the spool instead of the paper, then it continues on the paper.   At first I thought it was a feeder issue, the papers not going through right or not.. But I managed to fix this with copying things into open office and printing thru there, sometimes.

Now its doing the same thing even if printing in open office writer.

The truly wierd thing is I can print the exact same page twice or three times and the second or third time it will print correctly half of the time.. ugh hardware problem?

The reason I am posting this here is I have done everything your normal responses say to do.  Unplug, update the firmware etc etc and all my 'searches' come up with when looking at page alignment have nothing to do with my issues, the alignment paper on theprinter prints perfectly fine, all its self tests do too.

Has anyone come across an issue like this?  At first I thought maybe the graphics i was putting into the printer were touching the borders and causing the issue, but its too intermident of an issue for software conflicts I'd think?!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Aberdokki

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Officejet 4630 e-All-in-One Printer and while printing through the feeder, the first 4 inches of the printing is cut off the edge of the paper. You managed to fix it from sometimes with copying things into open office and printing from there. However, the issue has reoccurred. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Does the printer copy fine from the feeder?
  • Also, does the printer print properly if the paper is fed from the bottom tray?
  • Do you recall if any changes (hardware or software) that took place after which this issue started?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Please ensure that the paper is not pushed too much into the feeder and the paper only touches the paper rollers.
  • If the issue persists then I suggest you to reset the printer. I have sent you a private message with the steps to reset the printer.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Feel free to let me know how it goes. I'm always here to help. Good luck! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.