Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 8500S plus A910g

Printer has been stored for a bit- Now it will not dispense ink, and says alignment error. The paper feed seems to work fine. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @WorkingHard1

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. As the printer was not used for a long time, the ink could have dried up or the print nozzles could be blocked. Let us try these steps:

Use an automated tool to clean the printheads

1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.

2. On the control panel, touch the right arrow to display the second navigation screen.

3. Touch Setup, and then touch Tools.

4. Touch Clean Printheads.

Note: Try cleaning the printhead up to 3 times for better results.

Print a Print Quality Diagnostics Page

1. On the control panel, touch the right arrow to display the second navigation screen.

2. Touch Setup, touch the down arrow , and then touch Reports.

3. Touch Print Quality Report.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have done the steps you noted several times. The test pages comes out blank 😕

Also the screen says failure- "Alignment Failed"

Any other help/suggestions?

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem 

HP Recommended

@WorkingHard1

If the issue persists after the Printhead cleaning, please contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

he HP Help/ Support is a joke. I cannot talk to anyone...All I see is a "digital agent" that is absolutely no help at all. How do I speak with a customer service rep?

HP Recommended

@WorkingHard1

I have sent you a private message with additional information to contact the HP Support team.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.