Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP tango
macOS 10.14 Mojave

My printer isn’t printing cyan. Have cleaned the heads sealed the cartridge. Think it must be the printer rather than the ink cartridge ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jreilly303, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Have you tried with an alternate/new ink cartridge?

Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Check the estimated ink levels

Open HP Smart, and then select HP Tango or Tango X, if it is not already selected.

Estimated ink levels display next to your printer.

Replace any low or empty ink cartridges

Clean the ink cartridges

1. Open HP Smart, and then select HP Tango or Tango X, if it is not already selected.

2. Click Printer Settings.

3. Under Utility, click Print Quality Tools.

4. Click Clean Printheads.

5. If the print quality is unacceptable, click Level 2 Cleaning in the app to perform the next level of cleaning.

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic report

1. Open HP Smart, and then select HP Tango or Tango X, if it is not already selected.

2. Click Printer Settings.

3. Under Utility, click Printer Reports or Reports.

4. Click Print Quality Report.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have this same issue and those steps did not resolve my issue.  The printer and ink cartridges are brand new.  I just took everything out of the box.

HP Recommended

Hi @TripleH1

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

If you have tried the troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options:

1) Click on this link - https://mycrm.support.hp.com/en-US/Register

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.