Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3525
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The back ink is not printing anymore. It's not a cartridge issue, not a paper issue. I cleaned the printhead, aliged pronter etc.

I tried all checks and action suggested by HP on 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-ink-advantage-3520-e-all-in-one-printer-series/51655...

but they did not work. 

Any advice on how I could solve the issue?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@GiorgioG1,

Thank you for posting this on HP Support Forums!

I understand you're having issues printing in black from your HP Deskjet printer. No worries, I'll be glad to assist you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any changes on the printer before the issue started?

Did this happen soon after replacing the ink cartridges or while using the existing ink cartridges?

Have you tried to use the old ink cartridges and check if that works?

What happens when you try to print the Print quality diagnostic report?

Are you able to make a copy from the printer?

Could you please respond to this post with the details so that I can provide you with the right steps which should help you resolve this issue.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This issue started after replacing an empty black ink cartridge. I have tried printing the the Print Quality and Printer Status report and neither show any black ink. The cartridge is brandnew so i'm sure there is ink, but still no black will print.

HP Recommended

@Maverick13,

I would personally suggest you contact our HP support team to provide you with all the service options available.

This situations looks like a possible hardware failure either with the cartridge or with the printer itself.

HP support team can be reached on www.hp.com/contacthp

Select the product type.

Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

Select the country from the drop-down.

You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thxs for your feedback.

below you can find the amswers to your question:

Have you recently made any changes on the printer before the issue started?

No, it happened when I was printing a few documents: first 2 were fine, at some point the issues happened

Did this happen soon after replacing the ink cartridges or while using the existing ink cartridges?

While using the existing one: I tried to solve the issue by replacing the cartridge with a new one, but things did not change

Have you tried to use the old ink cartridges and check if that works?

See above

What happens when you try to print the Print quality diagnostic report?

It does not show any black ink, all the other colors are there

Are you able to make a copy from the printer?

I haven't tried yet, I will do it later when I am back from my office

Thxs!

HP Recommended

@GiorgioG1,

After reviewing your post thoroughly, I suspect this could be a possible hardware failure with the printer. 

I would recommend you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

HP Support team can be reached on: www.hp.com/contacthp

Select the product type.

Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

Select the country from the drop-down.

You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.