Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Laser Pro M252
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I usually use Photoshop to print with, works fine with my Color LaserJet CP2025, I will also use windows photoviewer.  Only way I can get any results is by "washing the picture" with photoshop.  It prints so dark that I get black stuff on the back of the paper.  Have to clean it ofter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please go thru this document for any kind of print quality issues.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=3673580&docId=emr_na-c01773947&docLocale...

Hope this helps.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please go thru this document for any kind of print quality issues.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=3673580&docId=emr_na-c01773947&docLocale...

Hope this helps.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Hello Doughic,

I am about to buy this printer, but have read about the dark color prints in several reviews, especialy with photos.

Was you problem really fixed? Are your prints correct now?

Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

The only way to get my prints light enough is by making them very light before printing. Not really a good solution.  Since I also have another HP printer that prints the pictures correctly, I know it's the printer

HP Recommended

I understand. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem and can't find anything that helps.

I can't print my company's colors with this.

HP Recommended

Hi all, pls. try EWS(or toolbox)→System→Print Density→Midtones, set all these 4 parameters from 0 to -3.Works on my  two units. Appriciate if you can reply me the result.

HP Recommended

I have been looking for a solution to this for a while and suggestion is the only suggestion that helped! Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your tip. I reduced the midtones to -3 and the shadows to -2 to get the prints to look like the screen.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.