Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TSPTerry
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My OfficeJet 8610 Pro does not recognize the upper ADF for printing but it does work for scanning.

Officejet 8610 Pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have an HP Officejet 8610 Pro, attached wirelessly to our network.  We use Dell Optiflex 5060's running on Windows 10. The ADF works fine for scanning and copying but is ignored in the printing process.  I tried a firmware update from the HP website but it showed it did not need one.  I tried pulling out the lower tray to force it to use the upper tray but it did not work.  The printer itself acknowledges that there is paper loaded with an "Original Loaded" message when I slide in the paper. In my printer preferences my options are:  Printer Auto Select or Tray 1. Is this not supposed to act as a feeder for printing? 

2 REPLIES 2
Level 16
Level 16
32,808 26,178 2,389 8,171
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My OfficeJet 8610 Pro does not recognize the upper ADF for printing but it does work for scanning.

The ADF above the copy bed is only used for scanning or copying original documents, pages loaded here cannot be printed on.  For printing use the paper tray below the paper output tray.  The Officejet Pro 8610 does support an optional second tray,  see the user guide here starting at page 30.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

TSPTerry
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Understood. Thank you!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation