Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The title says it all.

The printer won't print from Windows 10 via Ethernet or Wi-Fi or USB.  Interestingly, the print job flashes briefly in the print queue and then disappears.  No output.

Yet, if I convert my documents into PDF files, I can print them using HP Smart.

I have deleted and readded the printer numerous times.  I've also used HP's Print & Scan Doctor.

ANd additional item: I also have an HP LaserJet  Pro MFP M477fdw attached to my PC.  All worked wonfderfully well until the Windows 10 Creator's Update.   I was able to re-add the OfficeJet and then the LaserJet and the OfficeJet worked fine.  But, when I went tyo use the LaserJet everything stopped.  

I have removed the LaserJet from the PC and powered it down.

TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. It could be due to the changes on your login credentials.

I would recommend to create a new user login name for your computer. Use that to login to your PC. 

Now try to print. 

Hope it will work.

thanks

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. It could be due to the changes on your login credentials.

I would recommend to create a new user login name for your computer. Use that to login to your PC. 

Now try to print. 

Hope it will work.

thanks

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

HP Recommended

Thanks, PRABAA.  You were pretty much on the money.

It turns out that I had a corrupted Windows Profile and creating a new Profile solved this problem (and a few others).

Nice job!

HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same issue. How would I know if I had a corrupted Windows profile, as you mentioned you had discovered? Then what would be the next steps I would need to address this? Thank you in advance for your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.