10-15-2019 07:37 PM
This happens all the time if I haven't printed anything recently. I turn the printer off and then it seems to be online and I print but it's off later. There must be a simpler solution than changing configurations etc. Why does it do this?
10-18-2019 03:44 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
As I understand from your post, there's an issue with the printer going offline. Don't worry, I'm here to help.
To better assist you - How's the printer connected - wired or wireless?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps -
Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues.
If the issue still persists, try re-installing the printer driver -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Download and install the software and drivers from here for Windows 10 (64-bit).
15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
You may also try these steps.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee