Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My officejet 7510 has stopped accepting print jobs. It copies and scans so is connecting to the computer but that's all. When turned on it prints the last job it completed (I don't want multiple copies of that thanks) but nothing new.Troubleshooting gives no problems identified. The computr tells me that the driver is unavailable, although I've re-installed using the disk, and when downloading the driver it tells me that it's done it - not in the 'settings' bit though. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@WSFT

This could be a driver issue.

I'm Glad that the printer is working now.

In case if the issue reoccurs follow the below suggestion.

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity

Download a special version of HP Print and Scan Doctor specifically created to help with the printer driver issue.

1. Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.

2. Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.

3. Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.

• If your printer is not in the list, turn it off and on and then click Retry.

• If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.

4. If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.

5. If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.

6. Try to print. If the printer remains offline, continue to the next step.

Delete the driver at the root level and Install the drivers, follow the steps below:

Remove the USB if connected

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

Then, Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-officejet-7510-wide-format-all-in-one-... to download and install the HP OfficeJet 7510 series Full Feature Software and Drivers.

Assign Manual IP to the printer:

1) Print a Network configuration page from the printer's control panel. 

2) Look for IP address from the Network configuration page. 

3) Open web browser - Chrome or IE or any other browser that you are using. 

4) Type the IP address mentioned on Network configuration page into the browser's address bar or URL bar and press enter button. 

5) Go to the Network tab. 

6) Click on Networking from the left pane. 

7) Then click on Network Address (IP). 

😎 Click on Manual IP Address and go to suggest a Manual IP. 

9) Scroll down the screen and select Manual DNS server. 

10) Enter the Primary and secondary DNS server from the Network Configuration page into the Manual Preferred DNS server field. 

11) Click on Apply. 

Refer to the video link for step by step instructions - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCnYyq80V9g 

Note: The video is for win 8 but steps are similar for other operating systems as well. You need to enter the IP address in the browser's URL or the address bar to access the printer page.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@WSFT

Welcome to the HP Community

Could you please help me with the operating system of your computer?

Keep me posted.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

My operating system is Windows 10. I have managed to reinstall it as a separate printer, so now have 2 7510's in my settings - one with a driver and one without. However, something is happening. Would be good to know what happened however, in case it goes again

HP Recommended

@WSFT

This could be a driver issue.

I'm Glad that the printer is working now.

In case if the issue reoccurs follow the below suggestion.

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity

Download a special version of HP Print and Scan Doctor specifically created to help with the printer driver issue.

1. Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.

2. Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.

3. Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.

• If your printer is not in the list, turn it off and on and then click Retry.

• If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.

4. If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.

5. If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.

6. Try to print. If the printer remains offline, continue to the next step.

Delete the driver at the root level and Install the drivers, follow the steps below:

Remove the USB if connected

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

Then, Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-officejet-7510-wide-format-all-in-one-... to download and install the HP OfficeJet 7510 series Full Feature Software and Drivers.

Assign Manual IP to the printer:

1) Print a Network configuration page from the printer's control panel. 

2) Look for IP address from the Network configuration page. 

3) Open web browser - Chrome or IE or any other browser that you are using. 

4) Type the IP address mentioned on Network configuration page into the browser's address bar or URL bar and press enter button. 

5) Go to the Network tab. 

6) Click on Networking from the left pane. 

7) Then click on Network Address (IP). 

😎 Click on Manual IP Address and go to suggest a Manual IP. 

9) Scroll down the screen and select Manual DNS server. 

10) Enter the Primary and secondary DNS server from the Network Configuration page into the Manual Preferred DNS server field. 

11) Click on Apply. 

Refer to the video link for step by step instructions - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCnYyq80V9g 

Note: The video is for win 8 but steps are similar for other operating systems as well. You need to enter the IP address in the browser's URL or the address bar to access the printer page.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.