10-20-2019 05:27 PM
I changed the Ink on my Deskjet 4645 as I always do. for some reason the alignment page was not printed as it does always. Instead the printer is stuck on the "Printing alignment page" screen and wont do nothing else.
I can still send printing jobs to the printer and it will print but I can't reach the home screen or do any actions. no button seems to work and I'm stuck on the same screen while its loading for days and days...
I've tried restarting the printer, also did a hard reset as suggested in a different post here, nothing seems to work.
what happened? and how can I solve this issue?
10-22-2019 05:48 PM
@Shaiezra I recommend we perform a hard reset using the below steps:
- Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
If the issue persists, please upgrade the printer firmware: click here for steps.
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
10-23-2019 05:56 AM - edited 10-23-2019 06:12 AM
Thank you for your answer and welcome.
As I mentioned I have tried doing a hard reset multiple times and still the problem persists. my Firmware is up to date as well.
I don't understand what happened...
10-23-2019 03:03 PM
@Shaiezra It looks like this is a hardware malfunction and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:
1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Click on "Show Options".
Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!
Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from,
here's how private messages work: Click here for details.
If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.
I am an HP Employee