Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 4535
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I installed the DJ4530_Full_WebPack_40.11.1122.exe program for Win 10. The installation was successful. The test is OK, I see the color, but when I want to print in color from Word or Paint or another application, I see only black and white print. I reinstalled the printer, but the problem still occurs. In Windows 8.1, this printer is working properly. What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Scholastyka,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to print in color from Word or Paint or another application after upgrading the operating system to Windows 10.

This issue could occur if the firmware is not updated.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue. 

And here is the link to update the firmware: Firmware Update

If the issue persists, then you may download the basic drivers and check from the link: Basic Driver

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Scholastyka,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to print in color from Word or Paint or another application after upgrading the operating system to Windows 10.

This issue could occur if the firmware is not updated.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue. 

And here is the link to update the firmware: Firmware Update

If the issue persists, then you may download the basic drivers and check from the link: Basic Driver

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thanks, it is OK. My firmware was updated and I do not update it. I'm uninstalled my DJ4530_Full_WebPack_40.11.1122.exe and install Basic Driver. Now my printer print in color properly. I'm very happy, thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi @Scholastyka,

You are welcome.

I am happy to know that the issue has resolved.

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

It was a pleasure assisting you. You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

@Scholastyka wrote:

Thanks, it is OK. My firmware was updated and I do not update it. I'm uninstalled my DJ4530_Full_WebPack_40.11.1122.exe and install Basic Driver. Now my printer print in color properly. I'm very happy, thanks for your help.

Yes this solution worked for us as well. We uninstalled the updated driver (for HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4535) and reinstalled the driver that was available in the CD that we had received when we had purchased the printer.

HP Recommended

Even i have tried to update firmware however found the firm is up-to-date. the problem is not resolved . i could not see the print colour in the printer preference menu.  

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.