Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp deskjet F380 printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My hp deskjet F380 test print is good. But it displays "E"(error).How to remove this error message?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I tried by disconnecting power card for some time and reconnected. The problem was not solved.

Thanks for the feedback.

I  downloaded latest software for HP deskjet F380 and checked the performance of the printer.Same "E" error message was there and it gave the hint that black cartridge was not installed properly. I CLEANED this printer sensing part(partially filled with black ink). Now the printer is working fine.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ala5 

Hello,

In order to solve this problem, please reset the printer as follows:

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
  2. Unplug the power cord from the power source.
  3. Wait 60 seconds.
  4. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
    NOTE: 
    HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
  5. Turn the printer on.

In case of need, please do not hesitate to solicit us.

Best regards, 😎

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

I tried by disconnecting power card for some time and reconnected. The problem was not solved.

Thanks for the feedback.

I  downloaded latest software for HP deskjet F380 and checked the performance of the printer.Same "E" error message was there and it gave the hint that black cartridge was not installed properly. I CLEANED this printer sensing part(partially filled with black ink). Now the printer is working fine.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.