07-10-2020 08:59 AM
After installing the lastest firmware (EXM1CN2022AR) for my printer a few days ago, it reads the original cartridges as dameged.
I've always used original products for the printer, I have already shut down it as I read in other posts and I think to understand that the downgrading isn't possibile. I tryed using other cartidge and fortunately it seems that sometimes it works with the 3 cartridge substitution metod, but, if I print pages in one go, it detect the error and now I have to print a page at a time (how can it print a page at a time if the problem is the cartridge itself?)
Now, I think that isn't the best to run promtly to buy a new printer when the problem IS in the new firmware installed, knowing that i use the printer for work, there is a quick solution to this problem?
I'm sorry if I was too long but I thought to write all the problems and what I already done at once.
07-13-2020 06:11 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
- Does this happen even when try and make copies?
- What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or devices?
Let's try a power reset on the printer
Reset the product
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the program. It will automatically diagnose and fix any printer connectivity issues.
For more information, go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping
07-13-2020 06:54 AM
Thanks for your reply
Fortunatly I have a plotter Hp designket T730 and with this I can print my files without any issue.
Trying to make directly a copy is the same as in my previous post.
I shut it down as you suggested but, as other time I tryed, it was in vain.
Using SCAN DOCTOR it detect the same problem as on the printer's display and the relative web page.
The original cartridges are considered as dameged.
Changing them with new or even old ones isn't working because at some point they become dameged.
Following another post I made the full reset, but at the end the latest firmware was still there.
The more I try to follow tutorials all over the net to fix it the more I think the problem is the firmware itself, and unfortunatly it seems it cannot be downgraded.
There are any other possible solution?
07-13-2020 08:42 AM
We can perform a complete reset on the printer to restore it to defaults-
- The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
- I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Keep me posted!