Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
My HP Photosmart 5514 has been working great now it won't print except by email HP ePrint! I can no longer print straight from Pages or Photos. All my connections are good. Why won't it print? I am using iPhone Personal Hotspot as router between my iPad and HP Photosmart 5514. Is it the printer software upgrade I recently downloaded?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok try this. When you click the home button twice and the list of apps come up at the bottom hold down on one of the apps for about 1 second and then all the apps should start shaking and have a minus sign in the top right corner. Click that minus sign on all the apps until they are all gone. Then power cycle the iPad and try again.

If you try again and still can't print then click the home button twice again and see if you see a print queue icon then.

Let me know what happens.

If I helped you at all it would be great if you clicked the blue kudos star!

If I solved your post please mark it as solved to help others.

I'm a printer tech with HP.

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45
HP Recommended

Janet4dPlanet,

When you try to print from your iPad what does it say ? Does it find your printer and just not print out or does it say "no air print printers found"?

HP Recommended
Hi Brandon, Yes it finds the printer. I see it in the print window. I click "print" and I says "sending to printer" and then... Nothing happens.
HP Recommended

Janet4dPlanet,

Ok it sounds like you have a print job stuck in the queue on your iPad. I'll explain to you how to clear the queue.

On your iPad go to your home screen and then click the home button twice pretty quick together. 

This should bring up a list of apps at the bottom of the iPad that are running in the background.

You should see one that says print queue. If there is a job stuck there it will have a number on it.

Click the app and then go in and manually cancel all the print jobs.

Once you cancel all the print jobs you should be able to print like before.

Let me know if this works for you or if you have any trouble.

HP Recommended
Brandon1 Thanks, I checked as you said but... There is no app that says "print queue". When I open each app I don't see any way to access the queue from inside the app. Still not working. Thanks for your attention.
HP Recommended

Ok try this. When you click the home button twice and the list of apps come up at the bottom hold down on one of the apps for about 1 second and then all the apps should start shaking and have a minus sign in the top right corner. Click that minus sign on all the apps until they are all gone. Then power cycle the iPad and try again.

If you try again and still can't print then click the home button twice again and see if you see a print queue icon then.

Let me know what happens.

HP Recommended
Thanks Brandon1! That did the trick. It's printing OK now. You are a genius. What freaked me out was how the new upgrade "ePrint" would print but Nothing else would. Do you have any insight about this? I'm just curious. Kudos to you!
HP Recommended
Kudos!
HP Recommended

Great ! Glad to hear that worked for you. The reason why the ePrint app was working and not Air Print is because the ePrint app uses a different way of printing.  Even if a job is stuck in the regular print queue you can still use the ePrint app as it goes through a different process.

HP Recommended

I know the original post was long time ago but I have the same problem with a Ipad three (up to date) and a HP c510. I was able to print now I cannot.

I tried your solution of ending tasks, powering down but it did not work.

Any other suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.