Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520

I had this hooked up brfore and now I have lost it again.

My laptop can't find my printer, I have entered the address and it still won't connect

I have the HP Network configuration page here in front of me

My internet is through Pcs for People using a Sprint Hotspot ZTE device to which I have added a Netgear N300 range extender EX2700

Not sure what other info you need, I have run all the diagnostics I can find using my laptop and still no connection.

I even have periodic problems getting my Kindle to print wirelessly

It has been suggested to me that I also let you know I am a 2 year member of the Hp Instant Ink Insiders group

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi Potterylady,

I recommend following the wireless setup steps to reconnect everything. Something isn't lining up. Make sure the printer and the computer on the same exact network.

To set up an HP printer on a wireless (Wi-Fi) network, connect the printer to the network, and then install the print driver and software.
Step 1: Prepare for installation
Before setting up the printer on your wireless network, gather the network name and password, and then turn on your router, printer, and computer.
   NOTE:
If you need to find your network password, go to How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network.
  1. Gather the following items:
    • Network name: The network name is the SSID (Service Set Identifier).
    • Network password: The password might also be called the WEP key or WPA security passphrase.
    • A computer connected to your wireless network
    • Internet access: HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL for software downloads, using Web Services, and getting printer updates.
  2. Make sure the router and computer are turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network to which you want to connect the printer. Turn on the printer and place it close to the computer and within range of the router during the setup procedure.
  3. Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.
Step 2: Connect to the wireless network
Connect the printer to your network with the Wireless Setup Wizard so the HP installer can find the printer during the installation.
  1. Turn on the printer if it is not already on.
  2. On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .
    The Wireless screen displays.
  3. Touch the Settings icon .
  4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, then follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.
Step 3: Download and install the printer software
On the computer you want to print from, start the software installation, and then download and install the HP full feature print driver. It contains the wireless print drivers, as well as HP Printer Assistant software for scanning and other printer management functions.
  1. Go to 123.hp.com, type your model number, click Begin, and then click Download.
  2. Double-click the driver file with HP Easy Start in the name in the browser downloads bar or in the Downloads folder to start the installation.
  3. When prompted to choose your software and driver, select Full Software and Drivers, click Continue, and then follow the on-screen prompts to install the full feature print driver and complete the wireless setup.
Jesyka 🙂

I work on behalf of HP. #HPExpertsDay

Please click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you. Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is resolved.

HP Recommended

This is an interesting challenge. Hopefully, we can help you get up and printing.

It sounds like your printer is connected to the network (mobile hotspot), has an IP address and the blue light is solid.

Some Hotspots, for security purposes, do not route between devices connected to the same network by default.

This is refered to as WiFi Isolation.

This means you could connect the PC, get an IP address and surf the web.

You could also connect the printer, get an IP address and access the web services.

However, the two devices can not see each other because they are isolated. 

This may or may not be the case for the Sprint ZTE Mobile Hotspot. 

I did find a user guide on-line for a ZTE mobile hotspot  (may not be your model) and it appears Wifi Isolation is enabled by default, but can be configured.  Below is the snippet from the user manual explaining the option.

Wi-Fi isolation: Enable or disable this function. If ON is selected, the devices connected to the Wi-Fi SSID will be unable to communicate with each other. 

One easy way to test if the two devices are both on the network AND can see each other, is to attempt to access the embedded web server on the printer.  When they are both connected to your hotspot, type the printer IP address into a web browser and hit return. The IP address will likely be 192.168.128.X .   If a web page comes up to configure the printer, they can see each other.  If it shows a not found, they are probably isolated.

You then have two choices. 

1) Change WiFi Isolation settings on the mobile hotspot to disable it and allow the PC to see the printer.

2) Use another option like google cloud print which is supported on your printer.  This would send the print through the cloud and enable you to print even without direct access to the printer on the network.

For #1, you would need to start with the user guide for your specific hotspot.  

I found one at https://support.sprint.com/global/pdf/user_guides/zte/warp_connect/zte_warp_connect_ug.pdf

Page 12 tells you how to connect to their Web UI to access the mobile hotspot configuration.

Page 15-16 shows how to turn off Wifi Isolation

For #2 , which would enable printing, but not likely what you are looking for, you could reference the following setup instructions: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02817255

Hopefully, this helps you get connected. 

If not, please do share a few more details such as exact model number for the ZTE mobile hotspot and any other things you have observed or tried.

Good luck!

--
I am an HP employee.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*
HP Recommended

i am replying to this because we cant be the only ones having this problem, but after research i figured out that u must select privacy separator to off using the web ui for ur hotspot. apparently it is meant to keep devices from connecting to each other on the network. it took me a week to figure this out.lol anyways printer works great now. 

HP Recommended

Would consider sharing instructions on how to do this? I would be forever grateful. I'm 8 hours into this and I was going to throw out this laptop! Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi @Gumbas01

Welcome to the HP Support Community. To assist you better, I would like to know the following:

• What model printer are you using?
  • Are you using a Hotspot or a wireless router?
  • Connecting the printer to ta hotspot connection is not recommended and may not work.
  • To which device are you trying to connect the printer?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.