Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

I just bought and install a HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format and I tried many times to print an A3 sketch from photoshop. In the preview everything is fine, I checked the paper size to A3 and everything but the print is a cropped A4 image of the original in the middle of an A3 paper.

I'm using Photoshop CS6 on a Mac with OSX 10.7.5 operating system and I'm really confused.

What am I doing wrong since the preview is ok?

What else could I do to print in A3 format?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, following my post I installed the software directly from the disc that came with the printer without using the online resource.  Previously I had simply connected to it and it worked for A4.   It is now working along with many other features that had not been installed.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

I'm having a similar problem, I can't print anything on a3 any more, there is no option in any menu and it seems that the printer is only recognised as an a4 printer.  Any help would be most appreciated as it is incredibly inconvenient and I really need to print today.  OS windows 8.1

HP Recommended

Hi, following my post I installed the software directly from the disc that came with the printer without using the online resource.  Previously I had simply connected to it and it worked for A4.   It is now working along with many other features that had not been installed.

HP Recommended
i have the same problem using Autocad in win 32 bit system
HP Recommended

Hi nliou,

Are you experiencing this issue when printing form any other program or only from Autocad? You may need to do an Adobe update to correct the issue.

As you may know, Autocad works differently then other programs when printing, it does print to the spooler instead it plots to the spooler. We need to ensure you are using the correct version of Autocad, please ensure you are using the 32bit Autocad rather than the 64bit. If you do not have the correct version than the information being transferred would be incorrect.

If you are able to print A3 sized pages from other programs the issue is not related to HP and I would recommend you contact Autocad. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

The problem steel remains. I can print in A3 using other programs but not with Autocad. I solve the problem saving first in pdf and after that printing the pdf in A3. But this is not fast.

Thanks any way.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue.  I can't print a full size Tabloid drawing from AutoCAD 2014 64 bit.  I've heard some said to install an alternate printer driver but which one do I use? or is there an actual fix for this? because installing an alternate printer driver seems like a work-around that shouldn't exist.  Why doesn't the printer work the same as every other 11x17 printer I've owned?

An expedient answer would be much appreciated as this is fairly vital to my income.  If I can't print 11x17 drawings, then you shouldn't advertise it as such.

HP Recommended

question is in the subject line.  

Insidently, I really resent having to create a password and user ID just to get access to pre-existing solutions.  why can't you just post previous solutions.  

HP Recommended

I got the same problem and i tried to print from almost every program, please see details on my recent post:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Issues-Troubleshooting/Re-My-new-HP-Officejet-7610-Wide-Format...

I'll wait for an answer

Thanks

HP Recommended

You might have to change the driver for the printer.

1. Open devices  and Printers

2. Right click on the Printer and select "Printer Properties"

3. Go to "Advanced" Tab

4. Select the "HP Officejet 7610 series" driver. 

I found by default the "HP Officejet 7610 series Class driver" is selected, and that driver does not allow you to print to A3.

You might have to find the driver via the "New Driver" button. If you can't find it there, download the basic driver for the "HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format e-All-in-One Printer" and install the driver. After this installation you should be able to select the correct driver from step 4 above

5. Close the printer properties dialog

6. Right click again on the printer and select "Printing Preferences"

7. Under the "Paper/Quality" tab, select the A3 Paper size.

I hope it works for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.