12-19-2016 03:21 AM
Just bought this printer. It works fine when printing to paper, but I get a Paper Jam signal when I try to print to photo paper. There is no Paper Jam. I put one sheet of photo paper in the feeding tray and it is still in the tray.
12-19-2016 02:16 PM
This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that your HP Officejet Pro 8725 shows paper jam error message when you print on photo paper. I would like to help you resolve this issue.
- Check the photo paper, and then reload it. (Click here to know photo papers supported by this printer.)
- Clean the paper feed rollers from inside the ink cartridge access area.
- Make sure the carriage can move freely.
Click here for the document which you can refer.
If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,
Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".
Let me know how you make out.
I am an HP Employee
12-19-2016 07:30 PM
I just noticed the photo paper I am using is 74 lb. 280 g/m2 and your spec for photo paper is 80 lb. 300 g/m2. Could this be the problem? This printer is brand new. I have only made 3 copies on paper. I did notice when I put the photo paper in the tray upside down it printed, but it was on the back side of the paper. If I put the paper in the tray correctly it will report a jam, but there is no jam. Should I get better paper or return the printer?
12-20-2016 07:53 AM
I thank you for your quick response and understand the situation well.
Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.
This seems to be issue with the photo paper,
Please use the recommended paper for the better print quality.
I am an HP Employee
08-15-2017 01:38 PM
I've been having a lot of paper jams, usually after cleaning out everything it works, but this time I can't get it past showing "paper Jam" . I am not using photo paper, just regular printing. Its less than a year old, and I'm beginning to think I have a lemon. Thanks for any help.
12-10-2019 06:18 AM
I am trying to print A6 10x15 cm photos (supported by the printer specifications) , have followed the instructions, but the printer continues to report a paper jam, when there is none.
My printer is less than 24 hours old to replace my wonderful 5740 after many year of excellent services without jams.
12-10-2019 08:52 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!