12-05-2019 12:22 PM
My printer, J4680 is connected to the wireless but my computer, new Dell with Windows 10 says the printer is not connected. It was working fine until a few days ago. I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times to no avail. please help
12-07-2019 03:37 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.
If your printer in not in the list, turn it off and on, and then click Retry.
If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.
If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.
If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.
Try to print.
Assign manual IP address and that should fix the issue.
- Press Setup, select Print Report, select Wireless Test and then press OK.
Setting a Static IP Address
Once you know your printer’s IP address, entering it is pretty easy. Here’s what you do:
- Run your Web browser.
- In the Web browser’s address bar, type the IP address of your printer and press Enter. Assuming you entered the right address, the HP printer control panel should appear.
- Click the Networking tab.
- Under Connections, click Wireless.
- Under IP Address Configuration, click Manual IP.
- Enter the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway in the appropriate boxes.
- Click Apply.
You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee