Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My printer can't take sheets of paper

HP OfficeJet 6700 Premium
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hello everyone, sorry for my english that surely will not be correct.
My printer (HP OfficeJet 6700 Premium) can no longer take sheets of paper. The heads turn blank and after a few seconds the touch screen rings saying that the sheets of paper are finished.
I have already tried to remove the drawer, try to clean the printer a little, but it does not change anything. I turned it off and on again several times.
I tried to do the cleaning and alignment of the heads but this process stops when it should take the sheet of paper and goes out again the same warning.

What could I do? I could not find useful links to solve this problem. Can any of you help me?
Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,623 12,733 827 1,440
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My printer can't take sheets of paper

@AndreaM1

Welcome to HP Support Forums.

I came across your post and would like to assist you.

I understand that your HP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer does not pick up sheets of paper. Fabulous diagnostics, spectacular diagnosis of the issue. Kudos to you for that. You have done a remarkable job in troubleshooting this issue.

May I know if this issue started after any recent hardware changes (like a paper jam or a carriage jam)?

What paper type and paper size are you trying to use?

Is the printer able to pickup the paper while making a photocopy?

Meanwhile, please checkout the supported paper types in "Paper-handling specifications" from this HP document. And following are the paper tray capacity:

You may select the correct paper type and paper size from the print settings of the application you're trying to print from.

Also, perform the following steps from this HP document. These steps help in fixing paper feed relate issues:

• Solution one: Turn the printer off and then on again.
  • Solution two: Check the condition of the paper, and then reload it.
  • Solution three: Clean the rollers.
  • Solution four: Reset the printer.
  • Solution five: Adjust the paper settings in the print driver.

Also, you may download and install the firmware for the printer via this HP link
NOTE: The printer needs to be restarted once the firmware is successfully updated.

Once again you may try to print and make a copy and check if the paper feeds in properly. 

I genuinely hope this fixes the issue. Feel free to keep me posted.

Cheers! 🙂

If you would like to thank us for the efforts to help you, feel free to mark this post as "Accept as solution". That’ll help everyone find the solution and help the community to grow.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation