the_phys
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My printer has stopped printing in colour

HP Envy 5546
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Envy 5546 has stopped printing in colour. It was previously working ok about a week ago when I last tried printing something. I have checked the ink cartridge levels and they are all fine, I did a print diagnostic report which printed out fine. I also copied a colour document which came out fine. I uninstalled and re-installed the device using the latest HP software but it has not made any difference. I have checked the printer driver on the device manager and it says that I have the latest driver installed. Part of the issue now is that when I go to the printer preferences I no longer have an option to select colour printing anymore. When I just tried to print a colour picture from within photo editor, I selected the colour option in the advanced settings output options menu and it changed it back to monochrome and gave me the message 'colour mode was changed from colour because of a conflict with another printer setting'. I don't know what this printer setting is or how to change it/resolve it! Is anyone please able to help me?

1 REPLY 1
Smass101
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My printer has stopped printing in colour

Exact same issue here apart from mine is an Officejet 3830 - only bought it last week or so.

Worked fine for first few days - now prints everything in mono.

Anything initiated from my PC is B&W.

But test pages and copies etc on the printer and away from the PC are fine. I assume it must be driver related but i haven't changed anything or updated any drivers etc that i'm aware of.

Had to comment here as searching for "colour mode was changed from colour because of a conflict with another printer setting" brings up only 3 Google results - and all from the last few weeks, so this must be a recent thing with certain systems - or it's an update issue that is going to get more apparent as time goes on.....

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation