Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 4522
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I was printing a document, and on the printer screen appeared "Instant Ink Problem". " Printing will be blocked soon.

Visit www..... for information.  Please help.  Is there really a problem?

The document printed very clearly, plus I tried another document. Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Jeanne29,

There are a couple of reasons why you could be receiving this issue. Either A) your payment method needs to be updated or B) your printer needs to be connected to the internet/web services. Are you aware of a credit card that you may have changed? That's the most common reason customers receive this message.

You can visit instantink.com and log in to your account page to update your payment method. Let me know what happens and I can continue to help you troubleshoot.

riley-m 

I am a HP employee, but I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP

Please click the Kudos Star if my post helped you

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi Jeanne,

That error could be related to your payment method and your credit card information needs to be updated, or your printer has not been connected to the Internet for a while and the service has been unable to monitor prints and ink levels.

Touch OK on the message. If a connection error displays, check if the printer is disconnected from the network, and if necessary troubleshoot the network by restarting the printer and your router. Also, check the status of your Web Services feature on the printer to see if it is on.

If the issue is payment related, login to your HP Instant Ink account and click Change Billing Information under My Account.

Let me know if this resolved the issue.

I work on behalf of HP.

HP Recommended

Worked for me. JUst update payment plan

HP Recommended

The problem for me was caused by a change in payment method.  Good I know what to do.

Unfortunately HP do not!

I cannot access the my own account to update my billing information.  Every time I get taken to the Instant Ink Sign Up page not to my account.  Totally hopeless, I am calling tomorrow,

HP Recommended

Hello there,

I see you are having trouble accessing your account. Look for the the 'Sign In' text in the upper right corner next to the country flag on the main HP Instant Ink page at https://instantink.hpconnected.com/

That get you into the process to enter your user name and password. If the system is not recognizing your login info, you can select the 'Forgot username or password' link to start the retrieval process. 

If you have any further trouble logging in, let me know.

I work on behalf of HP.

JanKrank

HP Recommended

Does your payment method need updating?  HP Instant Ink will stop your printing immediately they don't get paid!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.