01-09-2020 06:14 AM
My printer is not printing.showing close tray when tray is closed. Asking for paper when there is full load of papers. I need help
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-12-2020 03:17 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the paper tray error.
Let's try these steps -
Step 1 Printer Reset -
1) Take out the cartridges.
2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.
3) Wait for 30 seconds.
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector.
5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.
Step 2 Make sure that the input tray is completely closed -
1) Grasp the handle on the input tray, and then pull the tray toward you to open it.
2) Close the input tray by pushing it into the printer until it locks into place.
Step 3 Reload the paper into the input tray -
Refer to this document for steps.
Step 4 Check for obstructions that prevent the input tray from closing -
Refer to "Clear jammed paper from the input tray" under step#1 from here.
Step 5 Update the firmware -
Try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee