Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4630 e-All-in-One Printer series
iOS

My printer was working fine. I printed last night and forgot to open the flap at the bottom where the paper exits. So I check the printer this morning and of course there is a paper jam. I pull the jammed paper out and reprint. Now the print is printing every other line.  

I printed a test page and a few more hoping the problem would self correct. But it hasn’t.

please help.

Thanks,

Skylar

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @SkylarBleu,

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I understand that your printer has a print quality issue.

Don't worry I'll be glad to help you out with the issue.

Resetting the printer can force some types of scanners to calibrate, which might fix the problem.

1. Remove any items from the scanner glass and automatic document feeder (ADF), then close the scanner lid.

2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.

3. Wait at least 60 seconds.

4. Plug the power cord back into a wall outlet.

5. Reconnect the power cord to the printer.

If the issue persists, click here for further assistance.

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve. Said that, if I have helped you resolve the issue.

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution'

Have a great day Ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

My HP Envy 5032 has been working fine for the couple of months that I've had it but now it's only printing every other line of black, also when copying. Color print seems to be ok. Some suggestions on internet says to plug out, then turn back on and reset black cartridge. This I've tried a couple of times, still not working. Since the problem is there also in copying, the problem cannot be in my computer, right? Please help, this is quite frustrating as the printer is very new and cannot be out of ink yet.

HP Recommended

HP Envy 5530

HP Recommended

@Jan135

Welcome to HP support community.

Did you make a copy and check if that prints fine?

Meanwhile:

Use an automated tool to clean the printhead

1. On the printer control panel, touch the Settings icon ().

2. Touch Tools, and then touch Clean Printhead. The printer cleans the printhead, and then prints a test page.

3. Check the print quality of the test page.

• If the print quality is good, touch Done.

• If the print quality is not good, touch Clean Again. The printer cleans the cartridges again, and then prints another test page.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.