Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP photosmart 5510 printer
Chrome OS

I'm trying to print from my chromebook, but it only printed half of the page.  The rest of the pages printed fine except for that first page.  Can anyone please help me solve the problem?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @htban ,

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

Follow this link, and install the HP print plugin for chrome, and try printing again. Let me know if it worked. 🙂

Best regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi @htban ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned below:

Many HP printers released in 2010 and later support Web Services, cloud based printing services that include ePrint, printer apps, firmware updates, and content that you can print directly from the control panel. These printers can use a direct Internet connection to find and install updates.

NOTE:

Supported printers must connect to a wireless or wired network with an active Internet connection to install updates. If the printer connects to the computer with a USB cable, this update method is not available. Continue to the method to download firmware from the HP website.

1. Navigate to the printer update feature. Menu names and icons vary by printer.

• Printers with an ePrint button or icon: Touch or press the HP ePrint icon or button ( or ), touch or press Settings or Setup if necessary, then touch or press Product Update or Check Product Updates.

• Printers with text-based menus: Select the Setup, Service, or Settings menu, select Preferences, Printer Maintenance, or Tools if necessary, then select Web Services, Printer Update, or LaserJet Update.

2. If you are prompted to sign up or accept terms of service, follow any on-screen instructions to enable Web Services and setup automatic updates. This procedure sets up the printer's Internet connection so it can receive updates.

3. If the printer does not automatically start the update process, select Check for Updates or a similar menu to start the update.

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I checked the printer updates and it said that it's been updated to the latest version, I have also deleted the printer from the printing settings and then added it back, and I've turned it off and powerwashed my chromebook.  However, none of this has solved my problem.  Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

Hi @htban ,

follow these steps to reset the printer.

Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Wait at least 60 seconds.

Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Let me know how that pans out. 🙂

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did as you instructed, but it didn't help.

HP Recommended

Hi @htban ,

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts. 

Follow this link and perform any steps that we haven't tried yet.

keep me posted. 😉

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I already registered my printer to google cloud print.  It was working fine for a year now.  Suddently it stoped working.  I didnt do anything new to the printer or the chromebook.

HP Recommended

Hi @htban ,

If that's the case, I'd request you to contact HP's phone support team for further assistance.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Enter Product number or select to auto detect.Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options".

Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Best regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you anyway.  My printer warranty already expired, so they won't be able to help me.  However, I think this is a problem regarding Google Cloud since the printer doesn't have any problems printing from a Windows OS.

HP Recommended

Hi @htban ,

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts.

If the printer print's fine with a windows OS, then Yes you are right. Thanks for the update. 🙂

If that's the case, you could try an OS re-install with the Chromebook, and then add the printer again, and check it out. That would work. 🙂

Thanks for your patience and time, Keep me posted. 🙂

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.