01-02-2020 04:02 PM
Hi I've just installed a new printer. the HP envy photo 7134 to my computer, and I cant get it to print. it prints from my mobile devices, but when I click print on the computer the printer makes a noise like its going to print then doesn't, and says no documents in the print queue, I've tries the print doctor and still no joy. Any help would be great thankyou.
01-05-2020 05:28 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printing issue.
To better assist you - What's the operating system installed on the computer?
While you respond to that, download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues.
If the issue still persists, try re-installing the printer driver -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Download and install the software and drivers from here.
15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
01-05-2020 10:07 AM
Its windows 10.
I've tried what you have suggested and still wont work, only on our mobile devices, again printer makes a sound like its about to start, then stops and wont print. With a empty print queue.
If I go into printer setup, it says this is a web services printer, is this anything to do with it?
I've tried everything I can think off, uninstalling drivers, updating windows re installing drivers, restarting the router but it just wont print from the computer!
01-05-2020 10:24 AM
Try adding the printer using the IP address -
1. Select “Start” and type “printers” in the search box.
2. Choose “Printers & scanners“.
3. Select “Add a printer or scanner“.
4. Wait for the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option to appear, then select it.
5. Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” , then select “Next“.
6. Select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list.
7. Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Select “Next“. To find the IP address of the printer, touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer's control panel.
8. Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the “Device Type” drop-down list. You can also click “Custom” to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select “Next“.
I am an HP Employee
01-06-2020 02:29 AM
@TWIGGER1, Welcome to HP Support Community!
I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below-
Restart the print spooler and try uninstalling the drivers-
Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
Now uninstall and reinstall the printer driver. Follow the steps below-
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for the HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Now, download and install the full-featured software from here.
If the issue persists, I would suggest you try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below:
• Go to Control Panel - Devices and Printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.
• When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.
• Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.
Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help
Keep the printer under observation for a day or two. Let me know the outcome.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
01-06-2020 09:28 AM
Kindly check if there are any pending Windows Update for your PC/notebook.
If found, download and install them. Restart the PC.
I'd suggest you to download and use HP SMART APP for windows using the below URL .
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.