Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp Photosmart 3565

Can you please help me with my HP Photosmart 6525. It has new ink cartridges and I've tried all possible problems. 

1. Cleaned Heads
  2. Test page is blank with blank ink
  3. Alignments done 
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  HP Photosmart 6525 not printing black.  New cartridges. Tried solutions shown on web. Cleaned printheads, Strange thing "Print Quality Diagnostic" header prints out in black but black block is blank and documents will not print any black.

HP Recommended

@Miriam13 and @Hedgehog13

Welcome to HP support community.

Check the ink cartridge vents

1. Open the ink cartridge access door.

Open the cartridge access door

2. Press the tab on the front of the ink cartridge to release it, and then pull it out of the slot.

Remove the cartridge from the slot

3. Examine the vent area on the top of the ink cartridge.

Vent area on the top of the ink cartridge

4. If the vent is clogged, use a pin to gently remove excess adhesive from the vent.

Clean the clogged vent with a pin

Clogged vent
    2. Gently remove excess adhesive from the vent

3. Unclogged vent

5. Make sure the orange pull tab is completely removed.

Orange pull tab on the ink cartridge

6. Insert the ink cartridge into its slot. Press down until it snaps into place.

7. Repeat these steps for any other ink cartridges with defects on the report.

8. After reinserting all the ink cartridges, run your finger along the top of the ink cartridges. If any are protruding, press down firmly until each ink cartridge snaps into place.

9. Print another Print Quality Diagnostic report.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.