Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Printer 2630

Recently bought HP2630 printer in UK. However confused by HP appearing not to realise where i am .

1) When finally connected (not without difficulty) the printer spat out a page in German entitled " Gluckwunsch".

I have no idea how much notice to take of it .........

2) The first pack of inks arrived with a return envelope ....(very green !) But the return address is in Paris.

Are they serious  ?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MPB2,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post that you need assistance with the printer issue. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution. 

Let's address one issue at a time: 

1) When finally connected (not without difficulty) the printer spat out a page in German entitled " Gluckwunsch".

I have no idea how much notice to take of it .........

In this scenario, I would suggest you check the date and time and see if it's set to the correct zone and country. 

If the date and time is set to correct, then I would suggest you uninstall the printer from the root level and then install them by following the steps below If you're running Windows.

• Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
  • Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
  • Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
  • Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
  • Now check for issue resolution.
  • If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
  • First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP DeskJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Please click here (Please select the correct Operating system and version of Windows before downloading and installing the full feature software).
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

2) The first pack of inks arrived with a return envelope ....(very green !) But the return address is in Paris.

Are they serious  ? Regarding the return envelope, don't worry I can definitely help you in sending another one.

As this is to do with Instant ink, I would need to know few details regarding your instant ink account to help you get the ink cartridges sorted.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.